What is a plumber’s job? The answer is to have the required skills in order to get the job right.
Plumbers install and repair water and gas pipes as well as cleaning the waste from the pipes. A professional plumber has many skills such as fixing bathtubs, sinks, toilets and appliances e.g. Dishwasher and washing machines. A plumber with experience is able to give training to appetences and supervise others with less experience. Plumbers also work alongside other construction workers.
Plumbers must perform the following tasks:
- Install pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Give recommendations and related pricing to customers
- Check where the problem is coming from and fix it
- Clear obstructions from sink drains and toilets
- Repair pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Estimate costs of installations and repairs
- A plumber must have the capability of performing these tasks in order to ensure that proper functioning of properties’ plumbing systems.
- Plumbers are responsible for the installation, maintenance, modification, and repair of plumbing fixtures for drainage and water systems.
- A plumber handles domestic appliances such as water heaters and dish washers to ensure they operate efficiently.
When our plumbers arrive at the job they will inspect and explain to the customer the procedure that needs to be carried out in order to get the job done. Also our plumber will explain the cost of the materials and the labour cost for the required job.
When there is a leak a plumber will identify where the leak is coming from in order to fix it. If there are other faults they will explain to the customer what other work needs to be carried out.
A plumbers van is equipped with different tools and equipment such as wrench, spade, drainage unblocking machine etc. Our plumbers are ready for any job any time to give you a hand. When there is a pipe under the floor or inside the wall that needs changing they will inform the customer that they may need to cut holes in order to access the broken pipes.
- We install plumbing systems such as sinks, toilets, taps, and also install supports and hangers for plumbing fixtures and pipes.
- They also carry work of operating and monitoring pressure gauges in order to identify leaks and fix them.
- They meet relevant building codes, legislations, and policies.
- They quote for the work of the plumbing service.
A plumber needs to have some qualities such as physical strength and problem solving skills in order to excel in their job
Plumbers usually travel to different customers address to perform their jobs. They also deal with office buildings, restaurants etc. Sometimes they work in tight spaces, typically indoors, but some may work outside, even in poor weather.
Categories of plumbing systems or subsystems are:
- Potable cold and hot water supply
- Traps, drains, and vents
- Septic systems
- Rainwater, surface, and subsurface water drainage
- Fuel gas piping
- Plumbing Materials Include:
- PVC for plumbing potable water, non-potable water, drain and waste lines
- Chromed brass for plumbing waste lines
- Chromed copper for water supply lines
- Galvanized steel for drain and waste lines as well as water supply lines
- Copper for plumbing drain and waste as well as water supply lines
- CPVC for water supply lines
- PEX for water supply lines
- Black iron for gas pipes